Tv has hdmi, but sound from red/white cables

Justlaz

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
My older Sony HD tv has a single hdmi input, and the sound comes from the old red/white cables coming off the satellite box. I got a hdmi switcher so I could hook up a wifi blu-ray player, but since the sound comes from the red/white inputs, when I try and use the DVD player I can see the DVD (or netflix stream) but the sound is coming from what's on the satellite channel. Is there a 'switcher' for sound too? I'm not super tech savvy and this is driving me nuts. Thank you for any advice/help.

Solution
As wildfire707 says HDMI carries both audio and video. In fact there will not be an RCA audio input associated with the HDMI input so you are probably getting your audio from the HDMI already.
If for some reason the above does not apply to your TV there should be a menu to allow you to chose audio over HDMI on the TV rather than RCA.
As wildfire707 says HDMI carries both audio and video. In fact there will not be an RCA audio input associated with the HDMI input so you are probably getting your audio from the HDMI already.
If for some reason the above does not apply to your TV there should be a menu to allow you to chose audio over HDMI on the TV rather than RCA.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS