Tv has hdmi, but sound from red/white cables

Justlaz

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
My older Sony HD tv has a single hdmi input, and the sound comes from the old red/white cables coming off the satellite box. I got a hdmi switcher so I could hook up a wifi blu-ray player, but since the sound comes from the red/white inputs, when I try and use the DVD player I can see the DVD (or netflix stream) but the sound is coming from what's on the satellite channel. Is there a 'switcher' for sound too? I'm not super tech savvy and this is driving me nuts. Thank you for any advice/help.

As wildfire707 says HDMI carries both audio and video. In fact there will not be an RCA audio input associated with the HDMI input so you are probably getting your audio from the HDMI already.
If for some reason the above does not apply to your TV there should be a menu to allow you to chose audio over HDMI on the TV rather than RCA.

As wildfire707 says HDMI carries both audio and video. In fact there will not be an RCA audio input associated with the HDMI input so you are probably getting your audio from the HDMI already.
If for some reason the above does not apply to your TV there should be a menu to allow you to chose audio over HDMI on the TV rather than RCA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
MukhlisM Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 5
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question RCA ports for surround sound on a Samsung TV
Solved! Sharp LC-39LE440M White Screen, sounds ok
Sharp Aquos LED TV - black/white screen (no picture) but sound
I have an old Panasonic tv and bought a A/V converter but it doesn’t play sound and it’s black and white
Fix a all white screen no pic no sound
what do I hook the red white and yellow RCA to on my dynexTV coming from the surround sound
I have a Luminar 800 projector and I cant get any sound out I have a red and white connector but still no sound, help please
I have a RCA Flat screen and Toshiba DVD player and surround sound box and the cable with red, yellow,& white plug ins on bot
I am trying to get sound from speakers that are plugged in to my projector using red and white jack leads the projector is con
My TCL roku tv brand new plug it in the the screen is black no sound, no picture it has a vertical white line on ii
I have red, white, yellow connectors and when I plug the VCR/DVD into my TV I get sound but no picture.
smart TV optical sound out to Bose table radio speaker inputs (red and white RCA)
Just bought new Samsung tv I can hear sound but screen flashes green white grey black over and over
how to connect my previous red and white cable sound bar to my lg 55uf6450
I have hooked up my dvd player to the tv with the yellow, white and red hookups. I get sound but no picture. The tv also has a
I have a Samsung led tv and my sound bar only has red and white cable leads I have plugged them in and also 2 the TV but no vo
I'm getting a white doted screens with a very irritating sound is there any way to fix this?
my Samsung TV show in black and white and making a loud humming sound how do I fix help
I have a 2.1 edifier sound system i can't get to transmit sound from tv, ive tried AUX, and the Red and White cord. Will i gte
replace dip chip with new one, now it only has sound and a white line in middle of tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY