TV Home theatre help!

hazeyo

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
Hi all.
Unfortunately my dog ran into my prior sound system hooked up to my LG tv, completely snapping the aux port. There is no sound out of my tv now due to the fact it thinks there is an auxiliary cable still inserted but I was wondering, if I connected a digital optical cable from my TV to my current home cinema system, would audio still play out of the system or would the broken headphone connection block the output to the digital optical cable? May be a stupid question, just thought I'd consult someone with a bit more techsmart. Cheers

Solution
the problem is that on many devices connecting a headphone automatically defaults the device to using the jack as the output. you might be able to manually disable the headphone jack and manually enable the optical jack however you will need to check if you are able to do this or not.

if the 3.5mm plug snapped off inside the port (if there is still a piece inside) there are videos on youtube with some potential remedies to pull it out which you should try if there is a piece stuck inside.
the problem is that on many devices connecting a headphone automatically defaults the device to using the jack as the output. you might be able to manually disable the headphone jack and manually enable the optical jack however you will need to check if you are able to do this or not.

if the 3.5mm plug snapped off inside the port (if there is still a piece inside) there are videos on youtube with some potential remedies to pull it out which you should try if there is a piece stuck inside.

Solution

hazeyo

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
@madmatt30 I believe it should work too but I thought I'd get second opinions. I have looked through audio settings but there are no clear settings to switch outputs and half of the sound settings aren't selectable due to the fact its 'connected to a headset'. Thanks for the answer man