TV Hookup Problems

Whysper

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
I am trying to hook my tower up to my TV, It started loading I was seeing everything but then once I got to the starting Windows page screen my TV just went into no signal. I have plugged the mini HDMI into the top graphic card (my pc has 2), switched the mode on my TV and turned on the PC. Same way I do it when I hook up my laptop to it with out a problem.

It is a Windows 7 OS, i7, and Nividia Geforce graphic cards. If that is of any help.

I am at a lost and about to throw both the TV out the window. No problem if I hook it up to a normal monitor. But it has always been hooked up to a TV. Just not this TV.

Solution
It sounds as if your TV isn't recognizing the resolution that your video card is trying to output. Try manually changing the resolution to one that your TV supports before you hook it up, using your monitor. If this doesn't work try having your TV completely shut off before you plug your computer into it, then turn it on. Another thing to try would be to try a different HDMI port if there is one. Hope this helps.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
It sounds as if your TV isn't recognizing the resolution that your video card is trying to output. Try manually changing the resolution to one that your TV supports before you hook it up, using your monitor. If this doesn't work try having your TV completely shut off before you plug your computer into it, then turn it on. Another thing to try would be to try a different HDMI port if there is one. Hope this helps.

Solution

Whysper

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
If I could reach into my monitor and kiss you, I probably would right about now. All it took was changing the HDMI slot. I feel kind of stupid not thinking of that myself as I am usually pretty good with computers. I guess sometimes it just takes another person that is not close to the situation to have a clearer picture.

Thank you SO much for your help and extremely fast response. I really appreciate it.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009

No problem, anytime. :) Don't forget to pick the best answer/solution so others may benefit from this thread. Thanks!