TV Network Content Coming to Microsoft Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I have an HTPC and a gaming PC. I would really like to see content from Microsoft spread to the PC as well as the 360. Why doesn't a Media Center PC count as an "extender"?

G

360 can already delivers IPTV. If you have have AT&T Uverse you can use your 360 as a settp box for a one time fee of $99. In the UK you can use Sky player

millerm84

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
If the plan offered the ability to purchase individual channels at lets say $2.50/mo/HD Channel it would be worth my money to purchase the service and a PS3. My current satellite service has 120 channels 15-20 of which I watch paying $70/month for SD only service.

G

Same. If they offer you the ability to buy specific channels I would be interested. I pay $70/mo. with Comcast for basic cable and internet. There are probably like 10 channels, non of which I watch. I used to get more channels, but Comcast keeps cutting back.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Most of you people are forgetting the fact the the majority of ISP out there are also TV content providers (Comcast, Verizon, ATT, etc...)

Dont you realize that as soon as Internet TV takes over your ISP will change their practices to get your money? They will start enforcing stricter bandwidth policies, higher monthly fees, charging content providers access to their network, blocking content providers access to network completely, etc, etc.

Hell Comcast is already doing this to Level 3 Communications!!!!!

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Seriously? Silverlight? Didn't Netflix start having all sorts of streaming problems when it switched to the Silverlight platform? Ditch Silverlight and use something that's actually competent.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm still waiting for a service to come along and wipe the floor with what the cable operators provide. Right now I'm paying $120 for TV/Internet (about $60 each). If I could pay a reasonable per channel price, and they had good channel selection (PBS, History, Space, Discovery, Food, Animal Planet - for the gf, AMC, Showcase, HBO, Sportsnet, etc), I'd buy it.

I'd love it if they created a service that allowed you to pay around $2-3 (maybe $1 w/ commercials) per channel and this would provide you with a list of all of the shows those channels offer. Then you just select whatever show / episode you want to watch. There would be a 'latest shows' section to show you what's new. This basically works the same as the torrent site I use for TV shows right now (eztv) and it works exceptionally well.

Allow me to easily watch what I want, when I want, commercial free, including all historic TV shows (not just the latest season or 2) and I will gladly pay. I pay $120 for tv/internet and I watch the vast majority of my TV shows from torrents because they are much more convenient. Money is not the issue here, service quality is.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Seriously? Silverlight? Didn't Netflix start having all sorts of streaming problems when it switched to the Silverlight platform? Ditch Silverlight and use something that's actually competent.[/citation]

What, like Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.