TV no longer works for HDMI ports considering getting VGA adaptor

TheOttomatic91

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
Hello

My LG TV has suddenly had its HDMI ports no longer working correctly (all I get is a "no signal" sign), I am considering getting a VGA to HDMI converter to help me with this issue with the HDMI connecting to my device and the VGA connected to my TV. Now before I go any further you may be able to tell I know little to nothing about this sort of thing so first of all I would like to know is this a valid solution if so can you recommend me some good converters? If this is not could you please recommend me a good alternate solution.

From
Otto Khan

P.S. I may have put this thread in the incorrect category if so I apologise and could you please tell me the appropriate place to put this thread? Thank you.

Solution
Hello. Depending on what you are hooking up to the t.v., you could try using component video cables for a cable tv box or satellite receiver. For a DVD player I'd say to use a single RCA jack(yellow) or an S-video cable(if supported). If the HDMI ports are not working I don't think a converter will help. Hope this helps!

Donjr625

Estimable
Jun 11, 2015
Hello. Depending on what you are hooking up to the t.v., you could try using component video cables for a cable tv box or satellite receiver. For a DVD player I'd say to use a single RCA jack(yellow) or an S-video cable(if supported). If the HDMI ports are not working I don't think a converter will help. Hope this helps!

Solution

Sarcoise

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
You may have already found a solution, however i would like to add some ideas for you. I understand tour situation as i had the exact same problem with an Insignia model LCD. All the hdmi ports no longer work and i needed another way to connect devices to tv. This happened after an electrical storm must have hit the cable system as the box and hdmi ports were all that was damaged.

My simple solution was to connect via component video using a total of 5 rca cables for video and sound. This will give you full HD capabilities. other methods such as s-video and standard component video (3cables) only give you standard resolution.

You failed to mention what you are connecting to your tv, but this is best for HD applications. Another solution is available using a converter from hdmi to VGA and components for audio as vga is video only. Make sure the converter has audio capabilities.

This will give you HD as well...

Hope this helps. If you have found a better solution please share with us.