tv repair answers

Debra Monroe

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
I have a 2 year old LED RCA flatscreen tv 32"screen when first turned on the picture is fine after being on for about 5 minutes the picture flickers blinks on and off and stays that way

Solution
If it's out of warranty, I'd just replace the thing. RCA is a lower tier brand and a new or used 32" better LCD is going to be pretty much how much it will cost to fix this unless you can find the part and do the repair yourself. It may be the system board or the LCD screen. You can do a search for a system board for your model, buy it, replace it and see if that fixes it. I would not try a new LCD screen as it will cost about what your TV is worth in total if it was working.
If it's out of warranty, I'd just replace the thing. RCA is a lower tier brand and a new or used 32" better LCD is going to be pretty much how much it will cost to fix this unless you can find the part and do the repair yourself. It may be the system board or the LCD screen. You can do a search for a system board for your model, buy it, replace it and see if that fixes it. I would not try a new LCD screen as it will cost about what your TV is worth in total if it was working.

Solution

Debra Monroe

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015