Solved! TV screen goes black with sound...

Chad Ashton

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
I have a 14 month old Vizeo M50-C1 4K TV. The TV will sometimes get really screwy...bunch of vertical and horizontal lines then the screen goes black but the sound still works. The menu will not pop up when this happens. Sometimes the screen just goes black without all the lines. I can post up a pic or video if anyone needs to see. Most of the time, turning off the TV and turning it back on brings back the picture. It will stay on for a few minutes or for hours...it's just very random with no rhyme or reason.

Any idea what it could be? I'm hoping it's something I can possibly fix...I'm pretty handy at doing stuff...once I know what's wrong. A repairman will certainly cost more than the TV is worth so...if I can fix it great. If not...TV shopping time I guess.

Here's a screen shot of what it does sometimes before going black. Not always...maybe 25% of the time.

Click for pic of the screen.....
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4298/35578011970_62b6e988da_c.jpg

And just to add...it has the problem despite what devise I'm using to produce the picture on the TV. Through the receiver, through the XB1, direct from the sat. box...doesn't matter.

Solution
Sometimes it pays to get that extended warranty.... I am thinking that you should be looking for a good deal on a new tv. On the bright side black Friday is coming so save, save, save!

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Sometimes it pays to get that extended warranty.... I am thinking that you should be looking for a good deal on a new tv. On the bright side black Friday is coming so save, save, save!

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Chad Ashton : "Black screen with sound...."

Chad Ashton

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015
Thanks...I thought I had asked before and did a quick search but didn't see it so I thought maybe I typed out the question but didn't submit. I appreciate the responses. And yeah...extended warranty next time. I just assumed that even a Vizio would last more than a year before taking a crap. I guess my old LG going on 8 years without a hiccup caused me to put my guard down.