TV Studio Capture

gcenglish

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
*ARCHIVE LIVE FEED FROM SCHOOL TV STUDIO - HDMI CAPTURE*

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, thanks for reading so far - AV Experts please help.

Need help with capturing feed from our school TV Studio. Have managed to wing my way through setting it up so far. Some very excited students. Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

We are using a Panasonic ag-hmx100 vision mixer.

The output is currently going through an HDMI splitter and then to the following two sources: a Studio preview (TV) and to Avercaster Streamer.

On the HDMI splitter there are 4 outputs. What I am interested in doing is capturing the live feed on one of the unused outputs, not available on this model of Avercaster streamer.

I have been trying to look for a device that will capture via an HDMI feed. My current thinking is to use a Game Capture card such as 'Elgato Game Capture HD' or Rovio HD. This would then be captured on a PC harddrive. Am I on the right track or is there a better solution. Have looked for something like an HD set top box recorder but no luck. Could try a pc card but have limitations when it comes to computers at school and what i can work with (with regard to installing new cards). Have new iMacs but they are currently being mainly used for pre recorded content.

Our TV show will be sent out to all of our classes but I would really like to capture the feed to give students a copy of their show to keep.

Apologies for the limited information. Happy to lists any of the components and or current setup if it helps identify a possible solution.

Realise a definitive solution might be hard to pin down without more detail but a point in the right direction would be great!

Much appreciated.

*ARCHIVE LIVE FEED FROM SCHOOL TV STUDIO - HDMI CAPTURE*