Paulamiller78

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
I have a Samsung HD TV, a blue ray dvd player, and a surround sound where the speakers plug into a regular DVD player. How can I get the surround sound to work with the blue ray player? Right now I can't do both. I can only use the blue ray with TV sound, or the regular dvd with the surround sound. I was able to get surround sound with blu-ray but the sound is extremely low and has static. The volume controls do not work to control the sound. The blu-ray only has coaxial port. Looking for any suggestions please.

BuddhaSkoota

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

It would be helpful to know the make and model of the surround sound system and the blu-ray player. You'll get the best suggestions if forum members know the exact components that you have.

The coax port is possibly a digital audio output. Does the surround sound system have a digital coax or optical input? If optical, there are converters available that will allow you to connect the player to the sound system.

Example: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=2947&kpid=102947&gclid=CMuWzLeMhMYCFQEaaQodszYAoQ