oldbill451

Estimable
Jan 9, 2019
researching dolby vision & hdr10, it seems their advantage is in information that a movie encodes in its stream.
But how would that apply to watching live streaming nba league pass? Every arena has different lighting / different dark / black contrast issues that change within the arena.

so my question is: "what is the best tv for live streaming nba league pass? what are the issues /qualities / tech stuffs that I should be looking for....?

I am not a big movie watcher...just nba when it is on

thank you for taking time to consider this question

Solution

No it won't improve the source but if you get the best quality in a TV, it will be as good as it can get. You want to be limited by the source not by the display if you can do anything about it. Clearly not everyone will pay $2,000 for a TV or $500 for a computer monitor, but you have a greater chance of good quality than if you buy a $300 TV or a $100 monitor. Think of it like buying a car. Having a car that seats 5 if you only carry 2 usually is better than having a car that seats 2 but then you end up having 4 people that needs a ride. Don't get tools that may limit you if you can avoid it. A golfer may...
I doubt you will find a test done specifically for just watching this NBA stream, and you can modify a lot of TV image options to change how things look from stock. Just look for a good TV and don't worry about too much specifics. OLED right now has the best picture quality, so check out those sets.

I change my picture settings quite often depending on source, my DVDs look best in one setting, Netflix/Hulu in another setting, bluray disks in another setting. The "best" setting is often not a single setting for everything, but you can adjust many things to get something you like.

No it won't improve the source but if you get the best quality in a TV, it will be as good as it can get. You want to be limited by the source not by the display if you can do anything about it. Clearly not everyone will pay $2,000 for a TV or $500 for a computer monitor, but you have a greater chance of good quality than if you buy a $300 TV or a $100 monitor. Think of it like buying a car. Having a car that seats 5 if you only carry 2 usually is better than having a car that seats 2 but then you end up having 4 people that needs a ride. Don't get tools that may limit you if you can avoid it. A golfer may be good, but if they use crappy equipment they may not even know how good they can get.

Solution

oldbill451

Estimable
Jan 9, 2019
thank you...that makes sense