TV Tuner Card software

rickengl

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
I'm am building on a cadaver in a Computer Hardware and Maintenance class. I was given an old Dell Optiplex 320 to work with. I installed Win XP sp3 with 2GB of memory from parts. I had to install a TV Tuner Card for an assignment. I installed the Adaptec AVC-2410 and downloaded all the drivers. I need a free software application to run the card. I have a coax run from the VCR to the tuner card. What would be the best and easiest app to run the software to complete the assignment. I need to run live TV, sound and be able to record.

Solution
If not Windows 7 Home Premium, check to see if you can the XP Media Center Edition (MCE). Other alternatives should include XP versions of XBox Media Center (XBMC as already mentioned) and MythTV. Additionally, the TV Tuner, itself, should have come with software for driving the TV Tuner. Looking at the manual for that device, it looks like it should have come with InterVideo WinDVR.

-Wolf sends
If not Windows 7 Home Premium, check to see if you can the XP Media Center Edition (MCE). Other alternatives should include XP versions of XBox Media Center (XBMC as already mentioned) and MythTV. Additionally, the TV Tuner, itself, should have come with software for driving the TV Tuner. Looking at the manual for that device, it looks like it should have come with InterVideo WinDVR.

-Wolf sends

Solution