Solved! TV without Dolby Atmos and Soundbar with Dolby Atmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2018
If my TV is not supported by Dolby Atmos. Can I get the Dolby Atmos experience by having Soundbars with Dolby Atmos?

Solution
Your Dolby Atmos sources would have to connect to the soundbar first. The output of the soundbar would go to the TV.
I wouldn't worry about it much, A soundbar doesn't create the same effect as a real object based surround system with ceiling speakers.
FYI the new version of eARC does support lossless codecs and Atmos through the TV.
G

Yes you can - TV sets themselves don't support Dolby Atmos anyway as it is an extension of surround-sound using multiple speakers, and since your TV only has one pair of speakers it would be pointless it having Dolby Atmos support.

Jun 27, 2018

Thank you Philip

Your Dolby Atmos sources would have to connect to the soundbar first. The output of the soundbar would go to the TV.
I wouldn't worry about it much, A soundbar doesn't create the same effect as a real object based surround system with ceiling speakers.
FYI the new version of eARC does support lossless codecs and Atmos through the TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.