TV won't turn on after lightning

Nadya_1

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
Hello

I have a 50 inch hisense TV and after lighting stroke outside my home it won't turn on. It was on when this happen also my cable box won't turn on. The outlet is fine I plugged other stuff there and it works but my tv and cable box won't do anything. No signals of life whatsoever.

Is this fixable ? I just got this tv like 4 months ago

The lightning strike blew your TV and cable box.
Your cable box belongs to your cable provider so they will replace it no charge.
Your TV probably has at least a blown power supply board. If it is still under warranty they may cover the repair. You will still be responsible for getting it to them for repair. Check your owners manual for warranty info.
http://www.hisense-usa.com/warranty/
If you have home owners insurance that might cover it if you can show that lightning caused it.

The lightning strike blew your TV and cable box.
Your cable box belongs to your cable provider so they will replace it no charge.
Your TV probably has at least a blown power supply board. If it is still under warranty they may cover the repair. You will still be responsible for getting it to them for repair. Check your owners manual for warranty info.
http://www.hisense-usa.com/warranty/
If you have home owners insurance that might cover it if you can show that lightning caused it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 0
I Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2