Twitter to Charge Businesses to Tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Putting news out is one thing, putting out advertisements is another. I would agree. One other option would be to not charge them upfront, but split tweets into catagories, advertisement style, news style and such. If the company violates the catagory, they should be booted or charged a fee.

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
We can identify ways to make this experience even more valuable and charge for commercial accounts.

More valuable for whom? For the companies and/or their followers? Or for Twitter? If they are refering to either the company or their followers, what additional benefits would they (company/followers) gain, aside from what they are getting now for free? Unless ofcourse tweater either requires the companies to pay or if not, bombard them with spam...errr...ads. If that is the case then their statement now is misleading.

Putting a positive spin on things while lowering the standards/quality of service is just plain bad.

No, I am not saying Tweeter is planning something insidious, but their statement really begs to be scrutinized.

G

I'm still curious about twitter's source of income. Running such a large service typically costs a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.