Twitter: We're Not Making a TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

... I hate reality tv... I recently had to endure an episode of John and Kate + 8. It really p1$$ed me off when I asked people familiar with the show what the parents did for a living, because the excursions they were taking must have cost a small fortune. They told me that John and Kate were 'stay at home' parents. "How do they have all this money then?" I asked. "They get it from their tv show." WTF I thought. I come from a family of 8 and we get no assistance from the government or anything, my parents have to work their butts off. This isn't reality tv, shows like these are lies.
Sorry, just wanted to vent my anger. I don't even want to begin imagining what a Twitter tv show would look like XD

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Does anyone here hate Twitter as much as I do? I mean seriously, do we not have better things to do with our time than navigate to someone's Twitter page and read a ridiculously small and uninformative post of 144 characters?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Does anyone here hate Twitter as much as I do? I mean seriously, do we not have better things to do with our time than navigate to someone's Twitter page and read a ridiculously small and uninformative post of 144 characters?[/citation]

140 characters and yes, everyone here hates twitter as much as you do. I try to write about Twitter as little as possible but I figured you guys would want to know you wouldn't be seeing Twitter on telly anytime soon.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]140 characters and yes, everyone here hates twitter as much as you do. I try to write about Twitter as little as possible but I figured you guys would want to know you wouldn't be seeing Twitter on telly anytime soon.[/citation]

Hah, shows how little I know about Twitter. I can rest easier at night knowing it isn't coming on the tube.

As a side note, anybody know why they limit to 140 characters? Kind of an odd number... 255 would make a lot more sense.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Hah, shows how little I know about Twitter. I can rest easier at night knowing it isn't coming on the tube.As a side note, anybody know why they limit to 140 characters? Kind of an odd number... 255 would make a lot more sense.[/citation]

160 is the standard limit for an SMS message. Before all the other apps were developed, SMS was pretty much the only way to quickly and easily update your twitter from your phone/on the go. When the site first launched they had no limit and text messages longer than 160 chars. were delivered in 160 character bundles, ie., several tweets. They settled on 140 characters to leave folks sending text updates 20 extra characters for username colon. :)

G

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the updates you provide about Twitter Jane. Although, I'm not too sure you'd be pleased to know I use them to fuel my rage engine. :3

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]andescvvcvdfh[/nom]Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the updates you provide about Twitter Jane. Although, I'm not too sure you'd be pleased to know I use them to fuel my rage engine. :3[/citation]

Hey, free country, man.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
LOLOLOL, my reply got down-voted to hell.

I personally think Twitter is awesome, and I particularly see no reason Tom's should cater entirely to its readership and ignore news in the technological world because a few people decide to bitch about something that's popular for the sake of bitching about it. Reminds me of those people who say, "Wahh, more than five people have heard this record. Fuck this band, they're too popular for me. I only like COOL bands that are so obscure they haven't even released an album yet."

canceltwc4fios

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
twitter: blogging for the terminally lazy and ironically OCD

if you want to share where you are at all times wear a beacon, a microphone, mobile phone modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.