Twitter's Transparency Report Reveals Nosy Uncle Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Do people really believe the web is private? They save even the clicks on websites and have even discovered the location of a serial killer because he clicked on an online map. You see its good to lose your privacy to catch killers and child molesters and cheating spouses and bad ethical conduct, et….

nigelren

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
'flooding Twitter with 679 requests' - wow, with such huge numbers of requests I wonder how they coped!
As twitter passed 500 million users this year the number of requests is pathetic IMHO!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Osmin[/nom]Do people really believe the web is private? They save even the clicks on websites and have even discovered the location of a serial killer because he clicked on an online map. You see its good to lose your privacy to catch killers and child molesters and cheating spouses and bad ethical conduct, et….[/citation]

until someone says something true and embarrassing to the majority party in power, and we never hear from him again.

i would rather have the killers molesters ect out there than ever have what i said above a reality.
much like let 100 guilty go free than imprison 1 innocent.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]No really? Obama is a overreaching dipshit. I hope he get voted out. RON PAUL all the way even though hes a psycho at least he's a realist and hates government overreaching. Fudge Mitt and OBama bunch of fakes.[/citation]

Don't bring your country problems here. Most of us don't care anyway about politics.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
These kind of issue happen on a daily basis, and t's only half of what we know. Yahoo and hotmail for example have to comply with some restriction as well, and it's often that your email is read by the government without your knowledge. It's very easy to do, they employ some security firm to do these kind of audits. And the same thing goes to the ISP's. The Internet is not free, it became a place for datamining and eavesdropping.
Personally i just can't wait for the creation of a new internet where freedom of speech will be free and the Internet won't be watched.

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Nice grammar Kevin!

Quote:"5275 tweets related to illegal content was removed"
Quote:"removing 599 pieces of media that was actually posted on the social website."

Why are Journalists looking more retarded every day? Did you even go to school?

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
twitters take down is a joke. i was cyber stalked from another site on there and when i asked them to take down the copyrighted content (anything you post that isnt copyrighted becomes copyrighted by you) to deny a stalker an opportunity to harass they refused. claiming i needed the sight owners permission to ask for a take down. they didnt care that the guy was stalking me, they didnt care that what he was posting was copyrighted. in fact they cared more about a stalkers right to post than mine... as soon as the site owner agreed to talk to em they removed the content even though if they read it they could see it was not meant for parody or comical in any way. no! my opinion is twitter need to be reigned in, its 1 thing to adhere to a government request but they refuse many from there own members just for the hell of, they cant be bothered.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]If anything the republicans over-react.......see Iraq War and the invasion of Afghanistan...[/citation]

Right I forgot in the United State all Republicans are dumb and democrats are never overreacting geniuses. Both parties suck, the individuals matter. Unfortunately parties discourage individuality. Stupid idiots who make legal systems necessary.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]stevenrix[/nom]These kind of issue happen on a daily basis, and t's only half of what we know. Yahoo and hotmail for example have to comply with some restriction as well, and it's often that your email is read by the government without your knowledge. It's very easy to do, they employ some security firm to do these kind of audits. And the same thing goes to the ISP's. The Internet is not free, it became a place for datamining and eavesdropping. Personally i just can't wait for the creation of a new internet where freedom of speech will be free and the Internet won't be watched.[/citation]
Of course, it'll just be a matter of time before the government screws it up...

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]acerace[/nom]Don't bring your country problems here. Most of us don't care anyway about politics.[/citation]

It's a political article there nimrod. If you didn't care about politics you wouldn't have read it, right?

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Every passing day, Fahrenheit 451 becomes closer and closer to reality. Individual thought is getting chucked right out the window! And it doesn't matter which party is in charge, they both want the same thing as far as individual rights are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.