Two Beeps, Dell inspiron N5010

Drswdsh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I am facing problem with my Inspiron N5010 laptop, its not starting up and gives two beep continuously till I off it. At start, the laptop was getting slow, and by day, it showed 2GB RAM, while I have 3GB. One day IDT sound managment software start appear repeatedly on desktop on startup. So I fixed it by unselecting it from startup programs. But now my laptop is not opening at all and gives two beeep on start. I checked my RAM in another laptop and its working. Please help me out, if someone knows about it. Thanks

Solution
Oh okay, that's unfortunate. I hope they can help you with the issue, as it seems to be an issue with the motherboard (The RAM Slots).

I'm glad I could help you slightly,

Have a great day!

- Dom.

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I have found another thread that may be able to help you.

As you already know, the error is something to do with the RAM, and at the looks of it, one of the RAM slots may be damaged/faulty, and not detect the 1GB stick of RAM, or you may not have seated it properly, as explained further in this thead:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2437334/beep-sound.html

Try reseating the RAM and ensuring that it is inserted correctly.

Drswdsh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I tried many times to seat it, at start one slot was working. But now nothing is happening. Is both the slots damaged?

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

This could be the issue, is the laptop still under warranty, and have you tried contacting the Dell Support Team? They may be able to assist you on this issue.

Drswdsh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

No, its been 4 years from purchase, I will try to contact them. Thanks

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Oh okay, that's unfortunate. I hope they can help you with the issue, as it seems to be an issue with the motherboard (The RAM Slots).

I'm glad I could help you slightly,

Have a great day!

- Dom.

Solution

Drswdsh

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

Thanks for your replies.

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

No Problem!