U.S. Getting Black Wii Controllers, Not Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sot010174

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2004
Whats the point? Are you telling me to buy a new (same) console just because it's black? It seems like the Motorola V3 Razr trend has caught up.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I don't understand why they haven't just sold the black Wii in the US. It would obviously sell like crazy alongside the white Wii. At this point it seems like the reason isn't a financial one but a personal one, such as wanting Japanese customers to feel special for having the console's home country get a special color. Financially, they stand only to gain if they brought the black Wii outside Japan, so this must be another one of those honor-related things Japanese devs love to latch on to.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
It would be nice to have a black controller or two if for no other reason than it makes it easier to remember who had which wiimote after having put them down, but I still miss the N64 days when each of four players could have a unique color. I had grey, black, blue, and purple so there was never and confusion over who had which.

hell_spawn

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I am all about the custom consoles or 'special' consoles as I have the halo 3 xbox and sold my ps3 to buy the MGS4 custom PS3... however... due to the nature of the Wii, I sold mine as I was way too nervous letting people wing a controller towards my HDTV...but if i didn't sell it and the black one came out, then yes I would find some way to swap them out and get the black one
:p

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
You know, if I'm buying the console for the first time (or as a replacement), and I have a choice between black and white... I'll go black, of course. But, ultimately, I'm more concerned with the performance of the machine rather than making a fashion statement; that definitely comes in a distant second.

chuckdalton

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
As long as they don't make one in pink because my girlfriend we'll want one and if she doesn't get what she wants, she will cut me off.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
So Nintendo can ship black controllers to the U.S. but not black consoles? What is so hard about that? It's a different color!! Instead of packing those white Wiis on the ship over to the Americas, pack the box full of black Wiis this doesn't make any sense. Americans want black, increase your sales.

Irrenhaus

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
What they don't tell is that the controller comes with a cupon for a discount for a can of black spray paint. Or you can look at the controller and imagine how the black Wii will look.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sot010174[/nom]Whats the point? Are you telling me to buy a new (same) console just because it's black? It seems like the Motorola V3 Razr trend has caught up.[/citation]
I agree, what's wrong with my current WII? Besides, if I get a new black WII, then I'd need to buy a new XBOX 360 elite to match it...no thanks!

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Only Nintendiots would pay a significant premium on a console, which normally STILL sells at launch prices, without getting any additional functionality, just because it is a different color.

Status
Not open for further replies.