U.S. Military Working on Flesh Eating Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronml

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
An armed autonomous robot that eats biomass.
If this were in a Terminator movie, we'd all be saying "they'd never do something that dumb in real life".

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I knew, movies are just a view of the actual future. These robots will get a taste for human flesh and we will be doomed, DOOMED I SAY!!!

G

If they report it on Faux newz, it must be true...

It's barely feasible for animals to eat organic matter for energy, how much energy could this thing possibly get? If it's a robot, I call BS. Of course, if it's not really a robot, but some frankenstein-cyborg GMO combo from Monsanto, then this could actually be real. Otherwise, extracting energy from organic matter will take more energy than it creates.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
False!!!!

This whole rumor started over at the Huffington Post and then Fox picked it up as if it was fact. The machine in question can only process vegetable matter.

HERE is the official press release,

Here is the developers site.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]False!!!! This whole rumor started over at the Huffington Post and then Fox picked it up as if it was fact. The machine in question can only process vegetable matter. HERE is the official press release, Here is the developers site.[/citation]
At least some one can post some facts and not just run with BS scooped from another news site. Good job! Maybe you should be the one doing the news here.

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]False!!!! This whole rumor started over at the Huffington Post and then Fox picked it up as if it was fact. The machine in question can only process vegetable matter. HERE is the official press release, Here is the developers site.[/citation]

What's funny is that the only real reason it won't eat flesh is because of the Geneva convention, not necessarily because its technologically not possible. I could just imagine terrorist taking in a stray and chagning it's programming to target the infidels of the world. Kinda like what they do to pit bulls in Compton.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
so thats were my tax money is going and here i thought it would go to my children's school's. Damn Schwarzenegger cut the school budgets again and doubled dmv costs again. now hes looking for a scapegoat. immigrants gasp!?!?!!? they must be the cause not an overinflated military budget or a retarded governor.

fogartini

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I can just see it now, a pack of survivors underground listening to the sound of people screaming as they're being digested by robots, wondering WHOS {&*^%ing stupid ass idea was it to make robots that are powered by eating people!!!??

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I actually looked at the PDF file and there is no mention of eating any dead bodies so somebody made that up. Even if it were to be true I would find it horrible as it may mistake a coma person over a dead one. So ya not such a great idea.

The company is on the right track of self-sustaining machine that can stay out in the battlefield for months or years.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]so thats were my tax money is going and here i thought it would go to my children's school's. Damn Schwarzenegger cut the school budgets again and doubled dmv costs again. now hes looking for a scapegoat. immigrants gasp!?!?!!? they must be the cause not an overinflated military budget or a retarded governor.[/citation]
Since when does the state of california have a military budget??

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I don't know about any of you but I wouldn't want these robot zombies near me on a battlefield. Robot: "Warning low on fuel" ME: "Well your going to have to wait were under fire" Robot: "Finding closest fuel source" Me: The only thing here is you and me there's nothing you can.... oh wait... Me: arghhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.