Ubisoft: Apple's the New Player in Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientNoob

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
The game video already has its segment, things be Apple when they decided to the games the compete inside Microsoft would not only Mac if there is only copmuters and music players.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I think that Apple is capable of designing something that can destroy all these crappy homebuilt POS systems with their cheap gaming parts anyday. GO APPLE

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ancientnoob[/nom]The game video already has its segment, things be Apple when they decided to the games the compete inside Microsoft would not only Mac if there is only copmuters and music players.[/citation]
???

G

ehanger = Apple Fanbois...

Sony is an excellent console, with a good OS and good spec... I don't think Apple can do better without having a higher price tag...

japnoise99

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
The I phone is a great peace of equipment. But as far as an apple console goes I doubt they would give that another shot (Pippin was an epic fail) until the economy gets better and people are willing to pay top dollar for games again (apple products are always pricey compared to the competition), but who knows there's little predicting what company's are going to release into the world these days.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]fanbois[/nom]ehanger = Apple Fanbois...Sony is an excellent console, with a good OS and good spec... I don't think Apple can do better without having a higher price tag...[/citation]
HA! Of course it will have a higher price tag. $799 for the 40GB HD version. $999 for the 80. Next year, well get iGame 2nd Gen, and the fanbois will shell out another $999 cause Steve said so...

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

What, are they going to make a game console for tetris and call it "gaming"? That's what they do with macs already!

The reason a Apple console will fail is because usually REAL gamers know that apple is BS. And therefore hate their guts, as I do. Therefore... games minus gamers = no income.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]Apple can never make a good game system.Just look at the games for macs.[/citation]

Agreed, but Blizzard makes great MAC ports... thats it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I wan't to vomit reading the responses to this article. GROW UP already. There should be an interview before allowing such idiocracy. Apple producing a gaming console is very easy to imagine let alone people actually LIKING it and BUYING it. Do you think Apple is living off of some inheritance? They are making MONEY. Lots of it! Let them compete! Jesus!

exfileme

Splendid
Jan 6, 2008
The iPhone / iPod Touch 2G is already in a position to knock out the PSP and DSi on the hardware front. Although the likes of Capcom, Majesco, Konami, Sega and other gaming industry veterans are slowly starting to jump on the bandwagon with serious attempts, Apple still needs that prime 3rd party support to be a real gaming console contender.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Even if Apple designed a great gaming system they would have to choose a market to compete in. If you decide to go for the Nintendo market your going to have a real tough time and going for the XBOX/PS market is even harder because they already have 2 good choices.

Considering that many Apple users wouldnt be caught dead with a MS product Im sure there is only a small market to be stolen from MS in the first place. With that said Apple would be forced to compete with either Sony or Nintendo and since many "Apple Gamers" (wow that sounds even funnier out load) tend to lean more towards the Wii, it looks as if Apple is forced to compete directly with Nintendo.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I'm sorry, but you're not a player until you have a first party game department and a must have title. iPhone has neither of these. Where's iPhone's Halo, GTA, or Mario? I didn't think so. Although the iPhone has many units sold most of these are to use the device as a phone or status symbol, not a gaming system. Although the iPhone is pretty powerful I have yet to see any game on it that rivals those on my PSP. Also the PSP 2 is rumored to be out soon (which will undoubtably be more powerful than the iPhone), the Zune HD (ditto), as well as the DS(i) which is the least powerful handheld, yet the top selling of all time, whatever that is worth. I'm not saying the iPhone is anything to write off, but I don't think it's proven itself for gaming yet.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]Apple can never make a good game system.Just look at the games for macs.[/citation]

Couldn't have said it better.

Apple does not mix well with gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.