Ubuntu 10.04 LTS DE Offers Music Store, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
To clarify, Ubuntu One is a complete cloud/backup solution. And can i say it works very well. It was introduced in 9.10 and 10.04 promotes its use. The music portion can simply be thought of as super simple Steam (content delivery system)for your drm free music.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]50 GB of music per month!? Who needs that much!? Pay for one month and have music for life.[/citation]
That's $10 a month for 50 GB of cloud storage space, not 50 GB of music for $10.

genghiskhanid

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
Can't wait for some benchmarks against other major os for apps.

Let's say i'm linux-curious but still not ready to get out of the closet.

G

Ubuntu one music store and Ubuntu one are not the same thing. Ubuntu one is for general purpose storage, not music exclusively. You don't have to use it, you can store music locally.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]razercultmember1[/nom]I just installed Ubuntu 9.1 and loving it![/citation]
Just backed up my Ubuntu 9.10 files and am looking forward to it. Been using Ubuntu as my main OS since 8.04. Since Ubuntu releases 2x a year I use that time to change my password too. I like a fresh install every time.
I always remove the lower task bar and have open applications show on the top task bar instead. Plenty of room for a half a dozen programs at the same time.

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
$10 a month for music that I have to stream? Hard drives are cheap, don't think that feature is going to be useful for anything but the netbook market.

bitter

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
@ genghiskhanid

phoronix will release comparative tests made on Linux and Windows 7 next week. I think it will be a great read.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Had a look at the release candidate. It really does boot much faster than prior versions. Had to install it twice, though. GRUB 2 fuqdup.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]You didn't even mention that this one supports iphones/ipads/ipod touche's out of the box !!![/citation]
That would be cool. While I do not own any of them I see Apple not liking this and maybe trying to stop it with a software hack, uh I mean update.
I don't hate Apple and currently own a MiniMac but Apple is way to much of a control freak. That is why I dropped Apple for my main OS in favour of Linux.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]genghiskhanid[/nom]Can't wait for some benchmarks against other major os for apps.Let's say i'm linux-curious but still not ready to get out of the closet.[/citation]This guy gets a plus 1? For what? The last time I suggested Mac vs. PC benchmarks I got slaughtered with reasons why OS comparisons on a hardware site was ridiculous. Trust me, I know why. My point is, DO OPERATING SYSTEM BENCHMARKS TOM'S HARDWARE!!!

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]This guy gets a plus 1? For what? The last time I suggested Mac vs. PC benchmarks I got slaughtered with reasons why OS comparisons on a hardware site was ridiculous. Trust me, I know why. My point is, DO OPERATING SYSTEM BENCHMARKS TOM'S HARDWARE!!![/citation]

try saying Macintosh, people wont know what your talking about, any synonyms or slang of that company are forbidden on tomshardware, let's call it "the unwritten code of comments."

Status
Not open for further replies.