DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
Well this is interesting, The united Devices servers are down to upgrade the agent. Everyone whos running an AMD machine might be pleased to know theyre upgrading the ratings system, now Processor speed will be based on a BENCHMARK, rather than MHZ.

I Just hope they do it right... But I anticipate my rating to go up :-D

--DarkPhire (United Devices team : AMDZONE.com Member name : The Collective)

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yes it does

instead of rating my athlon 1350 as 92 compared to 100 for a p4 1.5, its now around 120-130.

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
Yeah, several of my machines went way the heck up. I was really happy :)

i heard they use the wheatstone benchmark (whatever that is) and athlons seem to really excel at it apparetnly. :)

--DarkPhire(United Devices team : AMDZONE.com; Member name : The Collective)

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well im a little happier as machines are now rated on performance...
however it doesnt matter that much. the aim is to get thru jobs as quickly as possible.

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

flamethrower205

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2001
Do people actually use supercomps to do this.....maybe I should ask my dad to use his 2 personal ones at work.....o no, I'm drooling again.

NOS and a <font color=red> Ferrari </font color=red> can be fun! :cool:

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
haha

on a serious note, if your planning on using work computers to run distributed computing its a good idea to get authorisation first...

ive heard of more than one instance where someone has been fired/fined for loading such software onto multiple PC's without permission.

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
Yup, be very careful with that. A student at Georgia Tech is currently being fined and probably arrested for installing distributed.net clients on his schools PC lab.. he was the sysadmin for the lab too.

the fine is something like 425,000 *ouch*...

--DarkPhire(United Devices team : AMDZONE.com; Member name : The Collective)