UK Street May Be Named After Lara Croft

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I heard today on the Opie & Anthony show that Angelina Jolie gives frequent rim jobs to Brad Pitt and that's how they maintain a happy marriage. Is it possible Lara Croft earns landmark naming rights by performing similar acts on the British Minister of Street Naming? Hmmmm.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Lara Croft Way? Is it a street full of gun stores, explosives stores, and wonderbra stores? That, indeed, would be the Lara Croft Way.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]I heard today on the Opie & Anthony show that Angelina Jolie gives frequent rim jobs to Brad Pitt and that's how they maintain a happy marriage. Is it possible Lara Croft earns landmark naming rights by performing similar acts on the British Minister of Street Naming? Hmmmm.[/citation]

Brad Pitt looks miserable in every single photograph.

magnus962

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
http://www.collegehumor.com/

Right hand side of the page and scroll down a bit to the "HOTLINKS" section. Look through there for the piece titled "Ruin a Poll: Lower right, vote 'Lara Croft Way'".

If you do decide to vote you will find that 97% of all the votes have gone to that name and that totals to 18,412 people. No other option has more than 250 people.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]magnus962[/nom]http://www.collegehumor.com/Right hand side of the page and scroll down a bit to the "HOTLINKS" section. Look through there for the piece titled "Ruin a Poll: Lower right, vote 'Lara Croft Way'".If you do decide to vote you will find that 97% of all the votes have gone to that name and that totals to 18,412 people. No other option has more than 250 people.[/citation]

Genius use of viral marketing by Derby Council. Of course they knew that this would hit news sites and would cause thousands of people from around the world to visit the site and vote.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Here in Greece the street I live on is called ( in Greek ) Great Alexander Street. Kids dont even have to ask about it.. You learn all about that national hero since a kid at school. The thing is future genrations will ask in the UK "Who is Lara Croft/ has achieved?" and I guess thats another way for their heros to be remembered by. ( Then again when i was in the US I knew you could just pay a fair price to name a highway after yourself.. lol so anyhow :p )

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
In related news they are also voting on the Mario Bros. Sewer and Waste Plant, Marcus Felix Shooting Gallery, Pamela Anderson Landing Strip, Master Cheif Space Center, and renaming planet Earth to World of Warcraft III (cause were the third planet from the sun).

rean24

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Still looking after Duke Nukem Forever Boulevard.[/citation]

Just that i Was thinkin......

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Whatever next will they try in the run-up to their elections..

Anyway, I wouldn't mind living at the bottom end of Lara Croft Way whoo ha ha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.