UMC/57G-GB-FTCU-UK Intermittant on/stand by.

Mrstumped

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Over the last few months this set has been intermittently failing to start up. Now permanently on s/by.All electrolytic caps in power supply secondaries have been changed(9).All supply voltages seem to be operating namely 5v, 12v & 24v. Before the receiver went to permanent s/by (powered up) I noticed that a supply from the main board to the inverter board had risen from approx 0.2 volts to over 3 volts. Presumably this is the line that starts the inverter up?. I have been unable to obtain a manual or schematic for this model,hence my confusion. My browser is google chrome and my operating system is Windows XP. Thank you for your interest.

Mrstumped

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Hi this is Mrstumped writing about the umc m40/57g-gb-ftcu-uk. The problem turned out to be on the main board, replacing this cured the problem.Many thanks to those who have read up on the problem.

Mrstumped

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Hi this is Mrstumped writing about the umc m40/57g-gb-ftcu-uk. The problem turned to be on the main board, replacing this cured the problem.Many thanks to those who looked at the problem. ps why did I have to type this out twice?