Solved! UMC404HD not getting input from AT2020

WellThatsJustSilly

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
    Audio Interface: UMC404HD (connected to computer via USB 2.0)
    Microphone: AT2020 (connected to interface via XLR male to female)
Hi there. I have fiddled with this for a few hours and have had no luck. Audio output is working fine, I am listening through headphones connected to the UMC404HD's headhphone jack. But neither Windows (looking at the input monitor in Sound > Recording) nor Audacity seem to be able to record any input from the AT2020 (plugged into input 1, though I have also tried plugging into input 2, with no difference).

Before I continue, here is a picture of the front and back of the UMC404HD, so there is a little less ambiguity in my descriptions. Also, I want to apologize in advance; I am not much of an audio guy, so my knowledge here is pretty limited. Please let me know if I am making any mistakes.

Things I have tried:
  • - The XLR is plugged in snugly on each end.
    - Phantom power is turned on.
    - Drivers are installed (found here; I have tried both "UMC Driver 3.29.0 for Windows 7 to 10", and "Windows Driver V2.23.0", same results for each).
    - Gain knob is set in at the middle (the line is pointing straight up).
    - Line/Inst is set to line.
    - Pad is off.
    - "BEHRINGER UMC404HD 192k" is the default recording device; I have disabled all other devices.
    - Levels are set to maximum in Windows.
    - The USB cable has been plugged into 3 different ports on the computer, two USB 2 and one USB 3. The two USB 2 produced fine audio output, the USB 3 seemed to clip occasionally.
Miscellaneous notes:
  • - Neither the clip nor signal light for any of the inputs are active/lit. When I turn on phantom power after waiting with it off for a minute or so, the signal light will flash briefly for each input, but that is the only activity I have seen.
    - There is a loud buzzing sound when gain is set to max. This does get picked up by Audacity and Windows, and is reduced slightly when the pad button is pressed.
    - When touching the body of the microphone, a buzzing can be heard that changes intensity depending how much of my hand is touching it. This is audible even at medium gain.
    - When the mic is unplugged, there is no buzzing whatsoever even at maximum gain.
That's about all I can think of. Unfortunately, I have no other audio interfaces, XLR mics, or XLR cables to test with. Any help or suggestions whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!