Unable to Boot & unable to fresh Installation

jetf15

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
Dear all,

I would like to share my desktop configuration first. In this configuration I had worked with my PC for 3 years.

Processor :- Intel Dual-Core
RAM :- DDR2 2GB 800Mhz
OS - Win 7 64 bit
Motherboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS
HDD : 500GB SATA

Then I had added a additional DDR2 @ 2GB RAM into the Motherboard and change the CMOS battery also....

After making these two changes I had worked with my PC for 1-2 Weeks. After few days later the PC was showing very slow performance...and One day the PC was unable to boot. I had tried several ways to boot but it I could not able to do anything....

Even I had tried a fresh Installation but it tooks a long time(>48 hours) to reach (only) 50% of the OS Installation....

Whats are reasons behind these problems ?

ffg7

Splendid
dying hard drive. had that happen with a customer's laptop so ran scandisk to check for errors which it found bad clusters. if can't run a scandisk on that computer then try the drive on another desktop to check for bad sectors.

jetf15

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

You'r right!
I have 4KB Bad Sector on C Drive of the HDD.

Is It creating problems ?

jetf15

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

Thanks for your reply....

Could I manage the Bad Sector ?
Could I through this part of section in unpartition area of Hdd that Windows OS can't recognize?

Pls. reply...

ffg7

Splendid
depends on the location of the bad sector of the drive as I have done that but that was years ago. I've got a friend's hard drive that has at least 1 bad sector that I'm get warranty replaced as there might be more bad sectors from the way windows acts up. is your drive still under warranty?

jetf15

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
The Bad Sector (single) is found & repaired by tool the DRevitilize, but still it's behaving like dying hdd.
What should I check in the S.M.A.R.T test to confirm?

jetf15

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

Few days ago I've replaced my old hdd by a newer one but again I'm facing my earlier challenges in the new environment. Now what could be the reason ? The known problems are executed back after a few days in the new environment.

Note :
I have made following changes in the new environment.
1. Remove the additional RAM
2. Set Bios default configuration
3. Replace CMOS battery