Solved! Unable to connect PC to tv

Jan 19, 2019
Hello,
I am trying to connect my HP Pavilion 690-0020 Gaming Desktop Computer
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor 3.6GHz; AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5; 8GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive, to my sony 4k tv but it just keeps cutting out to the point it just completely cuts out, the tv definitely works and so does the HDMI cable. I've tired reading online about the settings but I haven't been able to find any settings that were mentioned, I've also lowered the resolution is there anything else I can try with this or will I likely need a monitor?
Thanks

Solution
The combination of PC - HDMI cable - TV HDMI input combine to allow the particular combination to work. That means that if an HDMI cable works with one combination it might not work with another. Try a different cable. Try a shorter cable as longer ones tend to be more problematical.
The order you boot the PC and select the TV input affects how they "handshake". Try changing the order.
The combination of PC - HDMI cable - TV HDMI input combine to allow the particular combination to work. That means that if an HDMI cable works with one combination it might not work with another. Try a different cable. Try a shorter cable as longer ones tend to be more problematical.
The order you boot the PC and select the TV input affects how they "handshake". Try changing the order.

Solution