Unable to connect to proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravind883

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Today morning, internet worked fine. Suddenly in evening whenever I open IE, it says "Unable to connect to proxy server".

I found the LAN settings not useful because the boxes are always unchecked

I've even checked the firewall. But it is not doing so.

Internet is connected and when hotspot is ON on laptop, Wi-Fi works fine in mobile

My laptop has 2 accounts - one mine and other my brother's. Net is working good in my brother's account but not in mine. Infact I posted this Question in my bro's account.

Please Help !!!

Solution
not sure of everything you have tried... did you reboot after removing the threats and check the Internet settings again? Is your computer connecting to your wireless or wired network - but you just can't get online? Is the window in Internet Explorer allowing you to uncheck proxy server? Did you click in the box "automatically detect settings"? Another thing you can try is resetting your ip settings in a command prompt.... go to command prompt, start it as administrator, type in "ipconfig /release"
Do you have an alternate browser? (But if there is a proxy server it will probably affect all of them). Also you can try resetting Internet Explorer back to its default settings. There are so many different causes for this problem...

tampachris

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I had this problem on a client's computer. I could not connect to the internet at all. The Internet Explorer settings would not allow me to change the proxy server connection. The trick I found was to turn off Internet Explorer, then restart it as an administrator. Then the box allowed me to uncheck "use a proxy server..." Then I was able to download Malwarebytes, and it found zillions of malware items.

aravind883

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
I have done as you told. I downloaded the malwarebytes, it found Threats and I Deleted them. In addition I scanned using "Kaspersky Internet Security ". Still the error is recurring.

tampachris

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
not sure of everything you have tried... did you reboot after removing the threats and check the Internet settings again? Is your computer connecting to your wireless or wired network - but you just can't get online? Is the window in Internet Explorer allowing you to uncheck proxy server? Did you click in the box "automatically detect settings"? Another thing you can try is resetting your ip settings in a command prompt.... go to command prompt, start it as administrator, type in "ipconfig /release"
Do you have an alternate browser? (But if there is a proxy server it will probably affect all of them). Also you can try resetting Internet Explorer back to its default settings. There are so many different causes for this problem... sometimes you just have to keep trying different things.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.