Unable to load

G

hi there i have the dell D630 but its stopped working the dell start comes on then the bar only goes half way then it shuts down each time it does this any idea whats wrong please.

G

yes the hard drive is fine when i start up the screen looks pink i has started up but oly last about a minute after getting past the dell screen then cuts out if i try to restart same thing happens

G

no unable to load it seems from another friend it could be the Processor Thermal-Cooling Assembly thats broken down

katfishgr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Pink-ish or orange-ish screen indicates a bad bulb in the lcd.

Does the laptop turn completely off? Or does it stay on and the screen is what goes blank?

If it's just the screen going blank, considering your description of the color shade, you would need a new screen. Try using an external monitor and see if it boots ok.

If the laptop shuts off completely, not so much a heat issue that early in the boot. It would need more time to get hot enough to shut off. Could be bad ram? Try using one stick of ram at a time. Could be bad power adapter, is the battery any good?? Several things could be causing it to shut off.

G

i tried a separate screen no good same problem,i tried ram issue same,battery good,adapter new,so i think its for dell haeven.

G

thanks for all the help i got an advent now so lets hope this lasts.