unable to use Acronis to clone my SSD on the laptop to a new hard HD.. SSD not recognized

dj3642a

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
Hi all,
I just got a new laptop.. and Acer Aspire A717-72g.. its comes with a 250 Gig SSD with room to add another hard drive. I got a regular 2.5 inch WD Black 500 Gig.. and installed it. I actually was hoping to clone the SSD to the new HD.. after installing the new drive .. I see it is recognized in the BIOS as well as in Windows 10 once booted in. I will check under my PC and see both the SSD and the WD fine. I had created a volume on the new HD as NTFS.. and was going to use Acronis Disk Director 12 to clone the drives. But upon booting onto the CD.. Acronis only sees the new drive I installed.. NOT the SSD,.. which it should.. so I am unable to really do anything with it. What I was hoping to do was to clone the SSD to the new drive and then try to have it boot to the new drive… but I cant. Matter of fact when I opened the bottom of the laptop. I see the space for a new HD.. but I don’t see the SSD.. .. anyway.. if anyone has any ideas. I would be grateful. Thanks much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 3
C4pt4inz Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1