Review Unagi Model One electric scooter review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2021
Hi, Sydney from Unagi Scooters here! Thanks for the review and thanks for highlighting our scooter's sleek design, power, and clear display! We sell a high-quality scooter with great performance and portability all in one! :giggle:(y)

Jun 11, 2022
Have had this scooter for about a year and some change. When i first got the scooter, i was super happy with it's form factor and range. It looks very sleek, and the range on it can get me normally around 12~ miles in varying urban terrain. However It seems like to look the way it does, some practical considerations were sacrificed. Basically, the scooter has a wire going from the handle area down to the battery. If this wire is jostled enough, the scooter will suddenly power off - which you can imagine is pretty dangerous when going 15~ miles an hour (with no electrical brake access). This means that if you ride it long enough in terrain that isn't a perfectly smooth sidewalk, you will eventually have to open up the scooter and rearrange the wire to power the scooter back on. Meaning you either carry an allen wrench with you at all times (and some tape for the wiring), or you have to scoot this extremely heavy scooter. For my next scooter, I will forego the looks and get something more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.