Uncomfortable headphones (audio technica m30x)

Ahmed_945

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
I just purchased these headphones 2 days ago and they make my ear sweat and especially my left ear it makes it ache. I've been thinking why and I have two reasons. 1 is that I'm lying down when I'm using these headphones and I lay down in a angle. Is it just a matter of getting used to them as these are my first pair of over head headphones or are they just plain uncomfortable?

Solution
I had the m50s and have experienced what you went through. It's a matter of getting used to them. You could try to stretch out the headphones to reduce the clamping force and roll up a piece of tissue paper and stuff it under the ear pads to prevent the driver from touching your ear.

The sweaty ear pads are due to the fact that it's a closed back headphone with no ventilation and because they are pleather.

I sold them now and plan to get the DT 770 pros 80ohm which are a lot more comfortable.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
I had the m50s and have experienced what you went through. It's a matter of getting used to them. You could try to stretch out the headphones to reduce the clamping force and roll up a piece of tissue paper and stuff it under the ear pads to prevent the driver from touching your ear.

The sweaty ear pads are due to the fact that it's a closed back headphone with no ventilation and because they are pleather.

I sold them now and plan to get the DT 770 pros 80ohm which are a lot more comfortable.

Solution

Ahmed_945

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

Thanks for the reply. Do you think I will get used to these within a month because I only have a month to return them?

Ahmed_945

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

Okay, thanks for the help dude I appreciate it.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I had the exact same problem with my ATH M40x, until i got used to them, now they are perfectly comfortable. Its a hard switch from open ear to closed ear as RazerZ said "lack of ventilation". I dont have the problem of your ear touching the driver though, I have big ears.

Have fun with your new headphones!

Ahmed_945

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015

Thanks! Any idea how long it will take because I love the soun quality. Also this is my first pair of headphones usually I would just use earbuds