Sep 22, 2018
I have an older under the counder television with no hdmi and only a video cable outlet, Im trying to hook up the firestick. I bought the mini converter with the hdmi and the avc outlet but I still cannot get the connection for the firestick. It was at one time hooked up to a cable box do I need to buy another converter please advise.

You did plug the firestick into an AC outlet with the power supply?
Are you trying to connect the firestick to an AV input (3 RCA jacks) or an antenna input (f connector)?
If the "mini converter" you got is a passive cable then that can't work. You would need an active HDMI to AV converter.
If the connection you are trying to use is the antenna hookup then you would need to add AV RF modulator to convert the AV output of the first converter to channel 3 or 4. With all these conversions the picture quality may not be good.

Sep 22, 2018
I have a Gana mini HDMI2AV up scaler 1080p adapter so what your saying is that this one is incorrect. How can I know that an HDMI2AV is an active one or can I add something to this converter to make it active and then proceed to the next step, So can I add the AV RF modulator to the mini to the first converter and possibly get a pick up form the firestick.