Solved! Undervolting Getting back to normal on msi gs65

akarsh dixit

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
Hi, I recently bought a laptop named Msi gs65 8rf. Due to the processor getting warm(Reaching 90 Deg. Celsius) I decided to undervolt my cpu using Intel XTU(it's my first time undervolting a processor). I was able to undervolt it to -0.150V(didn't try to go any further), next day when I was checking my temps with msi dragon center, I again saw a rise in CPU temps(90 degree celcius), and when I checked my undervolt on intel XTU it was back to 0.00V.
I don't know how my undervolt got removed, I thought it was due to putting my laptop on charge but whn i plugged in my laptop again after undervolting There was no change in voltage.
So can anyone tell me, why am I facing this issue? or is it normal and undervolt usually get's removed on it's own?
Thanks in advance for Replying.

Solution
I use Trottlestop and now I've got an undervolt of -0.164 V on the Core and Cache and -0.052 V on the Intel GPU. XTU was my first try but the program was a little buggy. sometimes at a reboot the undervolt was reset.

akarsh dixit

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

I am indeed using intel XTU, but I don't think it refreshes with reboot on mine too( because I tried to reboot and see if it does). it is kind of random, like when I am using it or doing some work.

Mkarmelk

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
I use Trottlestop and now I've got an undervolt of -0.164 V on the Core and Cache and -0.052 V on the Intel GPU. XTU was my first try but the program was a little buggy. sometimes at a reboot the undervolt was reset.

Solution