Uninstall part of office 2003

G

Hello, please help me,
I want to uninstall all the application of Office 2003 exept Word, Excell and Outlook. But I get a message that a file is missing and Installation CD is requited. I don't have an installation CD. What can I do?

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
You can uninstall individual components from the control panel.. If you are using windows 7 or vista, go to control panel and select uninstall a program.. Then select microsoft office 2003 from the list.. Click on change.. The uninstallation/modification window will open.. Select add/remove features and continue.. All the listed components will appear.. Deselect whichever components you don't want and continue.. It'll remove all the unwanted features..

sean nathan bean

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

and if i want to completely uninstall all of Office 2003... can i then just delete C:\workssetup after using the office uninstall tool?

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008

You can but it won't be read as uninstall.. The registry components will remain which might hinder with any future installation of the software (be it the same version or other).. If you want to uninstall completely either follow the customary uninstall procedure like i've posted before (don't deselect any items) or use revo uninstaller -

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

sean nathan bean

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

i used the office 2003 disk to uninstall office... and had previously used windows add/remove software to uninstall microsoft works... but still malingering and remaining on my hard drive is C:\worksjunksetup\MSWORKS & C:\worksjunksetup\Office which seem to be full of all the install files and cabinet files...

was hoping not to have to download yet another program...

but will do a search thru other messages here on the forum... thanks

sean

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Oh well, i was under the impression of some installed components being leftovers.. If all that is left is those junksetups then you can safely go ahead and delete them.. They are just data files and have no significant registry links to cause any problem..

sean nathan bean

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

it was the worrkssetup folder...

i renamed it worksjunksetup over a month ago with no ill effects in the interim...

i don't use any part of outlook, frontpage, messenger, word or works... and would like to rid my registry of all of that mess too

thanks,
sean

Emperus

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
You can manually take off the registry components but task is a little more technical.. As an alternative, you can download an app named CCleaner which has a more easier approach to remove all unrelevent registry entries.. Its free also..

sean nathan bean

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
thanks Emperus... I have deleted the workssetupfile with no apparent ill effects... and found a later/newer version of CCleaner which took care of the registry...

my apologies for hijcaking someone else's thread...

sean

G

Hello, please help me,
I want to uninstall all the application of Office 2003 exept Word, Excell and Outlook. But I get a message that a file is missing and Installation CD is requited. I don't have an installation CD. What can I do?