Unlock the 4th core on a AMD Phenom 550 Black Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
OKay so i Be Getting the AMD Phenom II x2 550 Black Edition and the GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Motherboard and a RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black Case Hopefully By This Month i Can Get it Hopefully so What i Want to Know is Would i Be able To Unlock The 4th Core of The 550 Black Edition With The Motherboard That i listed Above And Also Do i Really Need A New Heatsink and Fan if I'm Going To Just Unlock The 4th Core

Anyways Just Tell Me What i Should Do And Tell Me how i would unlock the 4th core

Thanks. Chirs

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
Iin the BIOS under MIT --> Advanced Clock Calibration set EC firmware to 'Hybrid' and ACC to 'Auto'.

The stock HSF will be okey-dokey --- probably get you to 3.6GHz or so as a dual without a sweat and will cover an unlock (if you are so lucky) at stock 3.1GHz quite easily.

bigdog320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

so what you saying is that i can overclock to 3.6ghz with the stock cooler? as duel core not quad core , as for unlocking the 4th Core all i have to do is go in the BIOS under MIT then go to Advanced Clock Calibration and set EC firmware to Hybrid and ACC to Auto? is that all

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007

No two chips are the same, but 3.5-3.6GHz with comfortable temps and voltage is not uncommon. And hopefully the C3 550/555s will do even better. That Gigabyte mobo is good but might under-volt a bit on you.

And, yup .... that's all

bigdog320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010

"No two chips are the same"?

anyways what CPU cooler would you recommend that's under 80 bucks that would allow me to over clock to 4ghz or higher and stay under 60 or lower at full load?

greniasakl

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
MMM my english is not good but I'll try to ask something to you

I have a 550BE and a gigabyte ga-m785gm-us2h, well I unlocked the hide cores and I get a B50.

But the problem is this, when I put Acc->Auto and Ec Firmware->Hybrid, I can´t suspend my pc, when I try to do it, the pc is in suspention but I can't activate it again, the unique one for that I found is take off the power cord from the contact.

The question is, is there any way to suspend the pc when I use ec firmware hybrid and acc auto???

Status
Not open for further replies.