Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I read recently about a tape used to unlock the L1 bridge of AMD processors. The tape was transparent and could be positioned over the L1 to reconnect the bridges. I cannot locate the article. Does anyone know where it is located? I believe it would be easier and better than the pencil fix.

G

I've heard of people applying tape over their pencil connections to keep them safe... I've used tape to mask in the bridge areas when applying conductive ink... Another way you could do it is use some conductive greese. Everyone has heard of artic silver, but that stuff is for wimps. :) If your considering buying some, get some conductive greese that is electrically conductive and you can connect the bridges with it. (I haven't actually seen or heard of this in practice, but there's no reason it shouldn't work since that's one of its intended purposes) Circuitworks conductive greese performs withing a degree C of artic silver for cooling so you're not giving up much.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
You might have read that article at http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q1/tracetape/... The tape you are talking about has the following benefits:
1. Easier to apply
2. Permanent....won't wear off
3. Accuracy.
The disadvantage is price... $24 for 3 applications. But if you aren't great with the pencil, and got some spare cash, give it a try.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

Status
Not open for further replies.