Unlocking Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3. I have the unlock code from Sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2015
I have the unlock code for my s3 from Sprint. They gave it to me when I called in this morning. The question is how do I use it? Sprint said that they could not tell me and everything that I see online takes a SIM card. This phone has no SIM card slot. I just want it unlocked so I can donate it to my church winter sale. Any help would be great.

Solution
Generally speaking, it can't be done. The SIM card in this particular variant of the phone is embedded and can't be removed. The only way to 'unlock' it involves fairly complex workarounds that really can't be recommended to the average person. Supposing you still went ahead and tried it, and got it working, Sprint's version of the S3 only works with Sprint and, in a very limited way, Verizon. The phone literally does not support the networks of other carriers. Hate to say it, but I don't think you'll have much luck with this.
Generally speaking, it can't be done. The SIM card in this particular variant of the phone is embedded and can't be removed. The only way to 'unlock' it involves fairly complex workarounds that really can't be recommended to the average person. Supposing you still went ahead and tried it, and got it working, Sprint's version of the S3 only works with Sprint and, in a very limited way, Verizon. The phone literally does not support the networks of other carriers. Hate to say it, but I don't think you'll have much luck with this.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.