Unprotect workbook Excel 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorak16

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Hello all!
I protected a workbook on Excel 2010 a few months ago, but I no longer wish to have a password for the workbook.

I cannot find where to unlock the workbook. Everything I researched online is for unlocking a worksheet, but not a workbook. Most of them direct me to Review> Unprotect worksheet button. It shows as protect worksheet since I did not protect the worksheet, I protected the workbook.

Help please!

Solution
Nevermind all, I found the answer.

To unprotect a "workbook" (not a "worksheet)" Go to File> Info > Permissions and click "Encrypt with Password"

In this window, you will see astericks where your current password is filled. Remove the hidden password and click ok (the field where you enter the password will be blank). After saving, you now have a password free workbook!

zorak16

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Nevermind all, I found the answer.

To unprotect a "workbook" (not a "worksheet)" Go to File> Info > Permissions and click "Encrypt with Password"

In this window, you will see astericks where your current password is filled. Remove the hidden password and click ok (the field where you enter the password will be blank). After saving, you now have a password free workbook!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.