Unusual times for video editing after CPU upgrade

May 22, 2018
I'm a content creator and more specific, I have a youtube channel and I'm editing videos for it. About a month ago I took the decision to upgrade my CPU to have better times for my editing. So I upgraded my Intel Pentium G4600 with an Inter i7-7700K. So at the moment my specs are: i7-7700k, GTX 1050 ti, 8GB RAM 2400, M.2 SSD 256GB.
So with those specs, today it took me 2 hours and 10 minutes to render a 35 minutes video. The output quality was 1080p @60 fps and 16k bitrate. The source was a 1080p @60fps and 20k bitrate video. Also I'm using the CUDA method for rendering. The software which I'm using is Sony Vegas Pro 13.

My question is, is it normal for those specs to have those numbers or not? Am I doing something wrong?

Solution
How long did it take to render the same or a similar video with the Pentium G4600? Upgrading the RAM to 16GB and adding a scratch disk (second drive) may help with rendering times. Editing and rendering to the same drive adds overhead and will slow down the rendering process. In my system, which by today's standards is quite old, I use three drives. One for the editing program, a second for source files and a third for the exported files. I'm not saying you need three drives but two is definitely better than one.
How long did it take to render the same or a similar video with the Pentium G4600? Upgrading the RAM to 16GB and adding a scratch disk (second drive) may help with rendering times. Editing and rendering to the same drive adds overhead and will slow down the rendering process. In my system, which by today's standards is quite old, I use three drives. One for the editing program, a second for source files and a third for the exported files. I'm not saying you need three drives but two is definitely better than one.

Solution