Update Schedule for MSFT's WP7 'NoDo' Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Why dont they give you an option to "Always trust Updates from Microsoft Corporation" and then always get it as soon as MS releases it? I think I could manage to run the risk of MS making a bad update.

oafed

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I am interested to see how long it takes the phone manufacturers and carriers to test the push the update. This could be a big win for Microsoft if updates ARE released on all the phones with only a small 2-3 week delay. Pretty much everyone I know who has Android 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2 is mad because they do not have a better version.

G

hopefully I will get mine, htc mozart unlocked" do not even see it listed, but I got the first one without any problems when I conected it on my p.c. now why does it have to be over the air? APPLE'S is not, and to me this OS is so much alike that the idea of getting the updates via p.c. do not really bother me, ANDROID" on the other hand I have not had any problems at all, getting updates, not sure if it had something to do with the fact that I purchased my Nexus one from Google whe it first came out but let me tell you, I gotten updates wayyyyy before a lot of people that I know had Android phones, matter of fact it is running Gingerbread right now....
Thank you much Google love you guys.....
hopefully MS can get their act together and compete with at least Apple

G

@stm1185

because the windows 7 SP1 incident inspires that level of trust......

G

Why can't we get the download from an 'alternate source' like the firmware upgrades for the 'i' products? My confidence level after Microsoft first started tanking Focus phones is that they are going to do their level best NOT to do that again. Microsoft does subscribe to the 'once burned twice shy' philosophy. I am willing to jump into this and get it done even if AT&T tech folks are not. Hey, if any of them are reading this, I'm willing to be your BETA!! Secondly, if any AT&T folks are listening, you need to train your store folks to stop blaming every problem that occurs on Microsoft or on Apple, or whomever. Sometimes it's that "was that a mile or a kilometer on the spec sheet? Eh... doesn't matter. The orbit will be high enough not to matter". Until EVERY aspect is tested, there will be problems from EVERY facet of the situation. As a programmer, the only perfect program I've ever written was a modified version of Poker that one of my teachers played in his spare time... it would cheat on him after so many hands. If it was truly perfect, he would never have discovered it was cheating. I babble.... Where's my update???

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I don't like the idea of carrier-driven updates. Android proved that some carriers (*aham* Bell, Rogers, Telus) are more than willing to NOT push the updates out.

G

Putting the control in the hands of the carriers is a disaster for users. I'm reminded again how little interest carriers having in supporting their users. Though they are very keen to sell you on new hardware every 3 months - and will call/text/email you if you're a day late with a payment - suddenly they know all about how to be your best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.