Solved! Updating BIOS version

Mar 29, 2018
I have had the motherboard replaced on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. After this I find that none of my USB ports are working and neither is my webcam.
I have tried everything other than updating the BIOS. I went to the Dell website and when I searched for updates, I found 2.
Do I install both or only the latest one?

Solution
Which version are you on? If you have both BIOS that are newer than the one you're currently on, you should update the lowest revision(after yours) and the update to the latest.

e.g: if you're currently on 1.05 and you have 1.06 and 1.07 as your updates, then update to 1.06 first and the to 1.07 following that.

It'd help if you could pass on the SKU for us to doublecheck, you've just opened another thread when you could've asked in the thread you opened earlier.

Lutfij

Splendid
Which version are you on? If you have both BIOS that are newer than the one you're currently on, you should update the lowest revision(after yours) and the update to the latest.

e.g: if you're currently on 1.05 and you have 1.06 and 1.07 as your updates, then update to 1.06 first and the to 1.07 following that.

It'd help if you could pass on the SKU for us to doublecheck, you've just opened another thread when you could've asked in the thread you opened earlier.

Solution
Mar 29, 2018

It is a L502X. BIOS version says A01, 2/15/2011
The ones available on the Dell site for my service tag are A12 updated in Dec 2013 and A06 updated in Mar 2014.