Updating C++ code using Visual Studio and found possible non-Microsoft API

Aug 19, 2022
As a slightly weird hobby I'm attempting to update the source code to a game that I like. I've come across some functions That I think are Non-MS APIs (examples dpDestroyPlayer, dpEnumPlayer, dpSend). They appear in a module named 'anet.cpp'.
From their position and usage I surmise that that they are used for Internet communications but have been unable to find anything about them via Internet searches. Could anyone please give me a pointer to where I can find any documentation.

Aug 19, 2022
Nice thought. Unfortunately this is game code that has been re-worked at least 3 times and has had all comments stripped out due to "unprofessional comments of a personal nature". I suspect that most of the re-working was carried out by Freelancrs so the odds against both finding the right game developer and the appropriate coder are high. Hence my appeal for someone who actually knows what this code is.

Aug 19, 2022
without knowing anything other than c code and some generic api name? good luck
Thanks anyway. I freelanced for 30 years so in general terms I know what the code is doing. I just don't know the specifics for this particular code. Whilst I'd prefer to keep the original code as much as possible if I can't get any details for it I'll see what comparative Apps are out there.