Upgrade in Feb, what phone should I get?

Biggy Cent

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
So I have an iPhone 4s, my upgrade is in February, and I was thinking about getting the Galaxy S4, good idea? Or should I wait.

Biggy Cent

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

Actually what I meant was the S4 not the note haha

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
The galaxy s4 and the htc one will probably get outdated soon enough. like maybe a month after you get your phone. if i were you i would wait until a newer model comes out or buy something newer like the lg g2 or anything that recently came out and you are comfortable with. its a big decision that you have to stick with for 2 years if you are in a contract so think carefully and i guess try to be different :)

g-unit1111

Distinguished

The only way you can move up from the HTC One is the One Max, and the S4 would be the Note 3, and the LG G2 is being replaced by the G2 Flex later this year.

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
I would wait. but if you really need the phone get something that wont be replaced anytime soon or the resell value will drop. if you dont care about it buy an s4 or a 5s or the htc one :) they are all fantastic phones :)

inzone

Splendid
Let's face it the way smartphones are now they are packed with features and capabilities , buying one now will not be that much of a draw back since waiting will only give you a few new features and possibly one missed OS update. The Android phones will be eligible for Kit Kat and the new OS after that would most likely not be ground breaking.
A two year contract would put you at the time for major updates (if any) and certainly not inhibit your interactions with others feature wise. Most things to use are Apps anyway.

Biggy Cent

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I'm not a very patient person, so I would most likely like to have a new phone by the end of February, I am leaning towards the S4, something other than a apple device considering I already have a macbook, ipad, an iphone, and an ipod touch, I'm looking for something with a different OS. Would getting the S4 be a huge set back? or even the Note 3?

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Dude same thing for the nexus 5. Its cheaper and it has stock android kitkat. no samsungs built in app bs or anything like that. I would buy the nexus 5 and it looks nicer too and it can get updates before everyone else.

TRENDING THREADS