Upgrade laptop display?

NOOB2PRO

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I've currently got a Medion Erazer X7849 but this is just a reskinned Clevo P670RS-G and I want to know if I can change the display from its currently 1080p to a 3/4K panel for that viewing quality :D

I still plan to game in 1080p/1440p so will I still get the same frames as I currently do or will the 4k panel reduce it even when set to 1080p?

Solution
I gather this model was available with different screens, so you could swap it out if that is the case. You will just have to track down the exact LCD panel that will fit and hope it is a drop in replacement, requiring no bezel or internal changes. Might be simpler to swap your hardware into another chassis with the screen already installed.

Some 4K panels interpolate, some do pixel mapping to show lower resolutions. Either way the GPU will only work as hard as the resolution and settings dictate.

You might consider the costs and look into selling your laptop and getting one with the specifications you desire.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
I gather this model was available with different screens, so you could swap it out if that is the case. You will just have to track down the exact LCD panel that will fit and hope it is a drop in replacement, requiring no bezel or internal changes. Might be simpler to swap your hardware into another chassis with the screen already installed.

Some 4K panels interpolate, some do pixel mapping to show lower resolutions. Either way the GPU will only work as hard as the resolution and settings dictate.

You might consider the costs and look into selling your laptop and getting one with the specifications you desire.

Solution