Upgraded Hard drive, now laptop shuts off when AC cord is unplugged

hamlinjacob

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
I have a new Acer Aspire V5 552p laptop. I recently just installed a new hard drive, upgraded to a 7000 rpm.
Now the laptop wont turn on unless the AC cord is plugged in. Also, the battery status says plugged in, not charging.

I tried plugging the old hard drive back in, and the laptop works fine. It will turn on without the AC cord plugged in, and is not reliant on the AC cord. Where as with the new hard drive, if you unplug the AC cord, the laptop will completely shut off immediately. Even when windows isnt booted up.

This leads me to believe that has something to do with the bios, but I can not find anything at all in the bios. So if anyone has any ideas as to what I can do to find a solutions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

hamlinjacob

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014
I should re-specify. It is actually refurbished. I tried talking to them, however they redirected me to the company that refurbished the computer. However, they are not open until tomorrow. I was hoping to get a solution before then.

hamlinjacob

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

Yes. Both 5volts DC. I want some storage room and speed without spending a ton of money.

hamlinjacob

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

It has been charging all night. Not to mention it says that its plugged in but not charging, and the battery is at 70 percent.

hamlinjacob

Estimable
Feb 17, 2014

Or are you saying that its pulling too much power and the battery cant keep up with it for some reason? That kind of is what it seems like is happening. Its weird because it is the same voltage and amp specs.

Thanks for your help btw. I am just hoping that I can actually use this hard drive, but it is looking like I wont be able to use it.