Upgraded MOBO now MS Office problems

SciotoMoving

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
Hello!

So I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and have been having little annoyances with Win10 and MS Office all day. I went through the lengthy process of typing in codes via telephone with MS in order to verify licenses and activate the softwares' again. However, every time I run a MS Office program now it installs MS Office 2013. There are system updates that cannot install, I believe because there is something looking for something else somewhere, that it cannot find (clear as mud? :)).

Can anyone please help with this?

Thank you!

SciotoMoving

Estimable
Sep 5, 2015
I have scoured the internet for hours more on this now and I've found the following solutions for this and they work or don't work for people at varying degree's, but it seems eventually one of them will work depending on the problem:

Instructions for doing a regedit fix, per Allen White @ www.techieshelp.com

There is also the trick of looking at the properties of the .exe and making sure it's not listed as trying to start in some form of compatibility mode, mine was set to Win7, and on Win10, it simply wasn't happy with those choices.

There is also an issue where you would need to go into services.msc and disable the windows search feature and then install office, and turn the feature back on and restart.