Question Upgrading a satellite s55 c5274 for gaming

Apr 22, 2020
Alright so, I haven't gotten my hands on a PC in sometime but the other day this Toshiba literally fell into my hands for $45 dollars. It's an S55 satellite C5274 with some good old POS hardware.
After doing a bit of research/digging around on the internet, I've found some very disappointing articles about upgrading this laptop and how little people know about soldering,screws,connecting parts, how all tech works in general.
Take my poor mother for instance, who almost got swindled by staples on account this PC was "hacked" leaving it useless... Then they proceeded offering to "recycle" it for her.. Thankfully the planets aligned and so did the receptors in her brain as she walked out with it.

Now that my rant is over, Ill get back to the elephant in the room. What parts would be best for gaming and at what point should i blame the internet? Price and performance do matter. ssd's,ram,antennas,receivers,repeaters-hubs-brouters-boosters, anything that will drop my latencies and do a number to the frame rate.

I upgraded the router (only to a updated model) along with all the basic but important factors like, changing dns,moving the routers location,updating everything possible so on and so fourth.
Now is there a way for me to push a 22ms 12mbps max speed with a 1mbps upload, higher then what att offers? would a dongle help? I have cat 8 cords on their way here but they only do so much.
I don't know much about this laptop yet so all comments are welcomed. I'll post a separate thread about the internet too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nako2007 Laptop General Discussion 1
C.A.I.H Laptop General Discussion 2
V Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 2
S Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 6
P Laptop General Discussion 3
K Laptop General Discussion 4
R Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 3