Upgrading New Asus 751JY DH72X With Two 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Phil000

Estimable
May 9, 2015
I just purchased a Asus G751JY DH72X (My first new computer in 17 years). I've yet to turn on the notebook. I'd like to replace the existing 1TB 7200rpm 1TB HDD and the 500GB M2 SSD to increase capacity and stability. I have the ssd and a decent understanding of how to open and install the 1TB Samsung 850 Pro ssd.

From what information I've been able to gather online, I'll need to copy/ghost the existing drives that came with the notebook before I'll be able to remove the existing drives and replace with the ssd. If this is the case, what exactly do I need to do (Step by Step) before I replace the HDD and 500GB ssd?

I'm used to older desktop computers so I've never had to ghost a drive before. I have a working desktop I can use for the process along with a SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader and several Micro SDHC & SDXC cards I could use to copy the existing drives to (If need be).

I'm not sure if I'll have to ghost/copy both drives...the ssd and the HDD. I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to the exact step by step process I'll need to follow in order to upgrade the drives to ssd for this notebook except the physical removal and replacement with the new SSD.

I've looked online for a Step by Step Guide for replacing the drives for Asus 751JY notebook but I've not been able to find one as of yet. Any help and or advice regarding the above issue would be truly appreciated. I need help.