URGENT!!HELP please! Windows automated pages says I have a virus or malware!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
He so I have kasperkey antivirus and Norton 360 and I did 2 scans today and they came up with some tracking cookies I got rid of and later today my internet on my pc got extremely sluggish like I'm talking 9kbs download speed max when my norm is 2.4mps and later I went on a site for my work stuff after getting the http forbidden 403 a bunch of times then I tried again by just typing it in this time but then the page was load was a screen that had a number and a voice saying house I have a virus or malware/spyware and it was a yellowish tannish page with a lot of writing I didn't read it cause I was afraid it was scam. Is it true or is it just a scam please help me!

Markkk

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Does this only happen on the 1 site you visiting... if so the site may be infected

Also check you Browser plugins you may have have some rubbish helper bars redirecting your pages

Red8

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013

Thanks Ronintexas! I ran malwarebytes a few time to double check after I requarantined and deleted hacking.agent and restarted pc after wards and it is out of the picture!(no telling how long these things have been on here since I've never bothered to run mb) Norton is coming up clean as well! My internet speed is now at a wooping 3.5mps dowload speed thanks to you. I appreciate all your help, you're awesome!